Friday, May 4, 2012

 EXPLORING MY SUBCONSCIOUS:

I became intrigued with the subconscious during my essay where I explored Dali’s way of thinking and interpreting his dreams; showing his interpretations through realistic but surreal paintings. I was intrigued by illusions and how the minds subconscious; recognizes subliminal images differently and creatively with every person. I also found Rene Magritte’s manipulation of perception interesting which made me think about how the human subconscious absorbs and recognizes illusionary perspectives. I felt that by exploring surrealism further it would satisfy my needs to create weird and mystical artwork. I had also been interested in psychology for years and felt that this project could reflect both my interests of drawing and the psyche. 


Rene Magritte
 
 Rob Gonsalves in 2001
 





No comments:

Post a Comment